17 February 2011

I'm back!

Well hello there! How are ya? I've got to say I'm much better than I was last week! Sorry I have been away for so long, but hopefully I'll get back on track here starting.........NOW!

I'm rested and recharged after a week in bed last week and a much-needed Sadhana of Mahamudra practice @ the Atlanta Shambhala Center tonight. It was not very well attended for some reason, but there is always energy in the practice whether there are one or 100 participants...

Other than that, I've mostly been slowly getting back into the swing of things. Mike and I have cooked a couple of meals together lately,
which is really nice ~ he's the grill-master of the house, so he's in charge of all outdoor cooking while I handle the kitchen stuff ~ it works out very nicely!

For instance, the other night he used the rotisserie to cook a pork loin which I'd marinated in an apple-chipotle glaze, and once on the grill, he basted with honey....yummy


while I reheated the roasted winter vegetables....



ok, I didn't actually cook that night, but I was still pretty sickly and not able to do a whole lot yet, although I did manage to get a loaf of bread made in the bread machine


so with very little effort on my part, we wound up with a pretty fantastic meal!

Other than that, I've been knitting and catching up on some reading.
I have several magazine subscriptions that generally go neglected, but I have marathon days where I'll read all the new ones cover-to-cover, so it kind of works out. I keep them all for their recipes,

yoga practices, crafting and gardening tips,

spiritual guidance, etc., so they're always close at hand should I need them, which is nice. I've also picked up my tattered old copy of On The Road by Jack Kerouac ~ it's a classic that will never get old in my book!


So.....that's what I've been up to lately! I trust you've been well, and I look forward to sharing more with you again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment