19 January 2011

Day two...still struggling with the discipline

Ok, so it's day two of my "blog experience" and I find myself wandering...looking for a good reason - or at least a half-assed excuse - not to write, but having come up with none, here I am.  Today was actually pretty productive and I've got plenty to share, so why is this difficult? 

They say that after 28 days things become habit, which means 2 down, 26 to go, right?  It's amazing to me how easy it is to develop bad habits and how hard it is to develop good ones....and on the flip side of that, how hard it is to break bad habits and how effortless falling out of good ones can be.

Anyway, I had to work 3 extra hours today so I didn't have time to make my planned dinner and instead improvised.  Not that Hungarian Chicken Paprikash requires an insane amount of time to prepare, but I wanted to serve it over egg noodles, which meant a trip to the supermarket.  I opted instead to make a nice chicken curry... 



I always just throw in whatever I feel like when making curries.....they're forgiving in that respect.  A few chicken breasts, whatever random fresh veggies I've got, a pinch of this, dash of that, and a few spoonfuls of the other and Voila!  Easy and delicious served over rice, and Mike cleaned the kitchen when we were done eating....for those of you who don't know, Mike is my very awesome beau...

After dinner I worked on my latest knitting project.  I started making a scarf for Mike a couple of weeks ago, and after a slow start (I'm noticing a pattern here!) I'm seeing some very good progress.  It's a pattern I've not tried before and fairly detailed,


which translates into "easy to lose your place" so I'm keeping a chart and trying to stay true to the pattern, but (don't tell him) I think I've messed up a time or two.  I don't think he'll ever notice, though, and if he does, I can just tell him it "adds character"...think he'll buy it?

Actually, in looking at this pic again, I realize how bad a job I'm doing on mine!


Oh well....it's a gift from the heart made by the hands so I suppose there's merit in its making, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment